Etiquetas

Purismo (36) Poesía (33) 5 Navajos (27) Malditismo (21) Historia (19) Literatura (11) Estoril (10) Libros (9) Politica (8) Dandismo (7) Naturaleza (6) Guermantes (4) Madrid (3) Cuba Libre (2) Bibliotecas (1) Musica (1) Teatro (1)

miércoles, 24 de octubre de 2012

Le Silence - Alexis de Redé

Alexis de Rede and the duke of Windsor
"I dislike fervour and enthusiasm. I do not like noise. Very often, I remain silent, for silence has it's own dignity. I listen for the nuances that stir behind the Babylon of general conversation. I relish comfort, style and luxury. I dislike men whose socks are so short that when they cross their legs, they expose flesh. I dislike men who do not wear white shirts in the evening. Many such things I dislike. I do not mind being distanced from the world. You could say that I prefer it. I am protected from the outside world, and this will not change. My senses are acutely tuned to the objects d'art that I have collected and with which I live. My great pleasure is to see such objects in the great museums and the houses of other collectors."  

Alexis von Rosenberg, Baron de Redé

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario